Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre

Just had postie drop this off after only 10 days from the States. It smells beautiful. B&M say it contains bergamot, lime, labdanum, oakmoss, patchouli, peach, rose, frankincense, cedar & cinnamon. I'm crap at what's what but I get gorgeous floral with a light citrus background which intensifies upon lathering. Just had a very refreshing shave & it's certainly a lovely soap for this weather. Usual B&M rules apply re lather quality, slickness & glide apply of course, which can only be a good thing. Not particularly cheap as it can only be bought across the pond so shipping costs a bit but it's not actually too bad at just under 6 dollars. Top marks all round.

EDIT - Forgot to mention it but I finished off with Eau Sauvage. Perfect for a hot day.

Last edited:
I love B&M - I have their Seville which is a Barber Shop scent - they tend to be thirsty soaps but that is no bad thing! Where did you get your soap from - it sounds very reasonable and there are some other B&M that I'd like to try. In any event I will probably run out of soaps in about 2055 so it's about time I stocked up.

Maggards. They do economy postage which makes it just about worth the cost. If it was normal soap, you wouldn't bother but as you already know, their soap is sublime. Definitely my favourite American maker.

@Jel999 mine also arrived promptly from the states! I like it a lot. Smells kind of like B&M 42 but more of an incensey vibe from it. Shaving with it later and very much looking forward to it.

My next purchase will be artiste - have the splash so have to get the soap ;)

got mine in from Maggards today too, I picked up that and Adagio, no import duty to pay either :D.. And the scent is fantastic, really hard to describe but a really nice musky scent. Never had anything like it.

I love B&M - I have their Seville which is a Barber Shop scent - they tend to be thirsty soaps but that is no bad thing! Where did you get your soap from - it sounds very reasonable and there are some other B&M that I'd like to try. In any event I will probably run out of soaps in about 2055 so it's about time I stocked up.

2055? You are in the middle of a soap shortage crisis, my man! Get two of everything, pronto!

Back
Top Bottom