Bargain hunt. Three razors for a fiver.

I picked these up from a small antique fair in town today. They were in a sorry state but a bit of Fairy Liquid and Peek polish brought them up a treat. One looks like a Gillette Tech Sportsman, there's a Velvet and an unbranded ball-end type with 'Made in England' on the base plate. Not bad for five quid.

upload_2018-4-7_20-11-22.jpeg

upload_2018-4-7_20-11-56.jpeg

upload_2018-4-7_20-13-26.jpeg

The Gillette 'ball end' heavy Tech is incredible as regards smoothness for shaving. I have never heard of Velvet before, but I found this:

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/velvet-double-edge-razor.206610/
I used the ball-end for my shave this evening. What a cracking little razor! You were certainly right. I loaded a GSB, face lathered with Kent Luxury soap and had a very enjoyable shave, not BBS but still very good. Not a bit of irritation in sight.

I used the ball-end for my shave this evening. What a cracking little razor! You were certainly right. I loaded a GSB, face lathered with Kent Luxury soap and had a very enjoyable shave, not BBS but still very good. Not a bit of irritation in sight.

BBS is for pansies that like preening in front of a mirror while guys like you & I are already done shaving and dancing with the dames. ;)

Back
Top Bottom