Bad Blades

Hello Everyone,
Sometime ago I created a thread in 'Shaving Brushes' Section, something like Bad Shaving Brushes, similar to this thread. In this wet-shaving world, we have a great choice of products, Perhaps more products then, when wet-shaving was the only way to shave(meaning: pre- multi blade, cartridge type shavers and canned shaving foams/gels).
To be fair majority of the products(soaps, creams, brushes, blades, razors) are good and more than adequate for the job, especially in the hands of an enthusiast.
In this section we can say which blades are Bad enough that worths to mention.
In my de shaving experience so far, I would say;
1- Dorco blades (white wrapping paper with Orange Dorco and Korea writing)
2- Laser blades

Last edited:
Sharks ... and I am sure someone will disagree with me.

Astras are good for about half a shave for me too, and I definitely know I'm in the minority there.
Don't worry mate, doesn't matter :) We don't have to prove anything here, something that works good for me, may not work for you. Perhaps that's why we got so many choices. Interesting enough that I find Astras very good and I can get the 3rd shave comfortably.

I can't honestly say I've anything truly bad.

Sharks I've tried once in the EJ89L and it torn me apart, as did 7 O'clock yellows, but the yellows are great in the Superspeed. I guess I'll try Sharks in something and get a great one. Even Derby's I get on with as a 1 use blade.

I always loved Polsilver SI. Shaving.ie had a big pile of older Polsilvers for sale, brown wrapper Lodz blades, at a higher price and from the description it sounded like they would be even better than the Polsilver SI. They weren't for me. They are the most horrible blade I've ever used. I ought to ditch them.

Since then, I've explored various other brands, and settled on Sharks as my favourite :)

So there you go, horses for courses.

I always loved Polsilver SI. Shaving.ie had a big pile of older Polsilvers for sale, brown wrapper Lodz blades, at a higher price and from the description it sounded like they would be even better than the Polsilver SI. They weren't for me. They are the most horrible blade I've ever used. I ought to ditch them.

Since then, I've explored various other brands, and settled on Sharks as my favourite :)

Regarding Polsilver blades it is the other way around for me, I got the Brown wrapper Lodz blades from shaving.ie and they work better for me than the Polsilver SI. If you want get rid of the Brown wrapper blades I would happily give them a home:D

Regarding Polsilver blades it is the other way around for me, I got the Brown wrapper Lodz blades from shaving.ie and they work better for me than the Polsilver SI. If you want get rid of the Brown wrapper blades I would happily give them a home:D

Thanks, I've actually already made an arrangement with another forum member to dispose of them, so they will be leaving the premises tomorrow :)

This might be controversial but I absolutely detest feather blades. Every time I use them they shred my face to ribbons. Just not for me I'm afraid.

I have yet to try the Feather DE blades, despite the fact I got some with my first DE Razor which was the Feather Popular. I have been working my way through multiple sample packs of DE blades and have not got to the Feather blades yet, based on my experience with the Polsilver SI I am wondering if the Feather will work for me or not.

Polsilvers are my go to blade and I've always wanted to try them polsilvers maybe not now.

Back
Top Bottom