Autostrop

It's pretty intuitive,
you release the head by the back button, then raise the cap and insert the blade, ears right open, then you close the ears on to the blade to secure it, drop the head down and secure the head by the back button. Easier done than said. I hope it helps.
Thanks Kypros. I thought this might be the one that opens like a gate and the blade sits in before closing it?

S.

Last edited:
If you don't mind getting a bit of a minga and take some time to clean it up it's probably worth getting one if the price is right. It took me an hour or so to clean, disinfect and polish mine but it came out looking mint and cost me a fiver! In fact, the cleaning stuff cost more than the razor did! It's still a display razor at the moment but some Feathers are on my shopping list after payday. I suppose the main thing to remember is it's basically 100 year old technology.

I did have a change of heart (sorry, Billy...it was only a tenner :rolleyes:). I'll give it a bash with a de-spined Gem blade (or a Feather). The one in the image, I think, is one of the hinged gate types. This one ordered has the ‘ears' that hold the blade in place, before laying it flat and pulling the lever to secure.

I did have a change of heart (sorry, Billy...it was only a tenner :rolleyes:). I'll give it a bash with a de-spined Gem blade (or a Feather). The one in the image, I think, is one of the hinged gate types. This one ordered has the ‘ears' that hold the blade in place, before laying it flat and pulling the lever to secure.
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom