ATT Gem razor

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
Ive just been looking at the ATT G1 Gem bladed razor on their web site and it's got a look of elegance about it . I like the look and by all accounts it will not be long before it's ready for sale. I am just hoping that Executive shaving or connoughts pick it up and offer it for sale here in the UK. Has anybody heard anything about this razor good or bad? Priced at $199 it's not cheap but if a good razor it's not too bad a price from ATT who are known for producing great razors.
Any thoughts?

Ive just been looking at the ATT G1 Gem bladed razor on their web site and it's got a look of elegance about it . I like the look and by all accounts it will not be long before it's ready for sale. I am just hoping that Executive shaving or connoughts pick it up and offer it for sale here in the UK. Has anybody heard anything about this razor good or bad? Priced at $199 it's not cheap but if a good razor it's not too bad a price from ATT who are known for producing great razors.
Any thoughts?
It's a great looking razor. You'll be able to get a bit more info on Youtube if you haven't already. The ATT's are the best razors I've used. I'm sure this will be no exception!

I'll start by saying that there is no way I'd pay anything like that for a razor, but I did ... twice ... just twice and they're both vintage. That said, I'd never pay that much for a razor. Nope!

Looking at it, my immediate thought is that I like it. I like the idea, I like the shape and I like what I see. That scalloped comb looks like it'll go great things for the GEM blade. That said, I'd never pay that much for a razor!

For single edge heads, I wonder how they'd like it ...

It's NOT got the open comb of the 1912 nor the strong comb of the 1924 or Clog Pruf and in no way is it as plain fearful as the open comb Micromatic. I guess it's smooth. That's good! The GEM blade is a wonderful blade and shaves some folks faces just so well (like mine).

Smooth might be mild, though ... and there's always the Flying Wing or the Pushbutton, or even the Contour if that's what you're after. I do like the Contour - it's the equivalent of those lightweight aluminium Gillette Techs from the end of line.

I can see what this offers. I can see why they made it and certainly see their market ...

I just don't see it being something that will attract single edge shavers. In that, I'm out. I'd like to have a go with it, but I'd never pay that much for a razor ...

I'll start by saying that there is no way I'd pay anything like that for a razor, but I did ... twice ... just twice and they're both vintage. That said, I'd never pay that much for a razor. Nope!

Looking at it, my immediate thought is that I like it. I like the idea, I like the shape and I like what I see. That scalloped comb looks like it'll go great things for the GEM blade. That said, I'd never pay that much for a razor!

It's NOT got the open comb of the 1912 nor the strong comb of the 1924 or Clog Pruf and in no way is it as plain fearful as the open comb Micromatic. I guess it's smooth. That's good! The GEM blade is a wonderful blade and shaves some folks faces just so well (like mine).

Smooth might be mild, though ... and there's always the Flying Wing or the Pushbutton, or even the Contour if that's what you're after. I do like the Contour - it's the equivalent of those lightweight aluminium Gillette Techs from the end of line.

I can see what this offers. I can see why they made it and certainly see their market ...

I just don't see it being something that will attract single edge shavers. In that, I'm out. I'd like to have a go with it, but I'd never pay that much for a razor ...
Yeah Paul...

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

What about the ↪Rocnel SE-G, Paul? That's available to try right now. And with your knowledge of SE razors I'd be happy to piss off upset a lot of people again by moving you well up the list :p

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

Now, if it has a Deco pattern on it, I'd be on it like a flash ...

rd4ugq4piMlZn0dYAxuZiz1t_UDGdkIDCIZ6rnsZMui_2788ZLFNY_oAIBdAui3xutaRwJX7_NclFlL1KtP_rCZ9c0xdsNy64AsR9IFC9mlrcObPBBa-wWRgjehVc3SkUroykYOzJl8a925kXy8eAb9TEA5STXxjU8oMZeYGwcOreJJc4Kcgkk0kNmhX-ad1_WRwoJBHLk12xnOnB7SC0Efr62TsVNzD3sN3dmT92Aqhsu0BWznjxbbQEJlQalDACUv51Xy92_v41cDE4Dc1UXDJAlaQkFUZ21-QpyNQB0ew88-Ktym24Saa3mJVyLBGRUfZzhBX0shQ4JSyDvNPh4XiriLdJkTktT-PC6-jhxLBA4YzjMTt0HWBNHt9UPCf3ahx8BQu9WhMcvScF5OHrOjc4MPRiTDumt9ikflhCHMEW-JfJGbhkbJkl2n2ePR3bwFJys1oNI4sb2GSyCFjT6IdtAbvN0amv4C51aQRgcRB51nnjSpFhnTcJyfJhGwcmIXUcPeCvIutI9qluMa9iR9h1tcLwkHeGYODlFtfWz67LFFuj936SnvdYwnLLB-BkB5Nq2GiKsuTuO0V-eZBaAoALkoDr2nG1_vZcDUw81LAfp2XRJD4_P4ka-mukc7-IhchGBkk9kKp6QMpp2-mCFc3SxANFKxAvJcg6E-qm2E=w1200

So I'm getting you would never pay that much for a razor.....:)

Blackbirds are outstanding razors (I have the SB and OC) but thankfully I don't like the look of this one..as I have too many as it is haha..that said I am sure it will be top quality and Shane at Blackland provides excellent customer service!

Back
Top Bottom