Artisan Brush Makers in the UK?

Hello Gentlemen (Ladies too?)

I am an ex-pat (born in Yorkshire in 1943, now a Canadian) and I'm looking to get a custom “Birth Year” brush. I would like it to be made-in-England (as I was) by a skilled craftsman.

I am looking for the contact information of any artisans the members here are aware of.

I know of Rodney Neep at "pens of the forest" and Mervyn Cadman at badgerandbowl.com, but I'd like to talk with others.

A possible "third way" is to have Brad Sears in the US turn a custom brush handle for you and he'll send it to Lee Sabini in England who will tie and set the knot. Not an all-England brush, but it will be jolly nice and not overly expensive. Moreover, when you receive the brush it will be engraved with Morris & Forndran, hand made in England.

A possible "third way" is to have Brad Sears in the US turn a custom brush handle for you and he'll send it to Lee Sabini in England who will tie and set the knot. Not an all-England brush, but it will be jolly nice and not overly expensive. Moreover, when you receive the brush it will be engraved with Morris & Forndran, hand made in England.
That's a bit like buying a new Bentley Continental,...it says "Bentley", on the grille,...but actually,..it isn't one.

I will add that to the list of options. It's going to take me a few weeks to get everything clear in my head before I can decide, but thinks for the idea.

What are you looking for that Cadman or Neep cannot supply?

Mervyn will work with wood but prefers to stay with resins (which I don't want), but I am having an ongoing conversation with him nonetheless.

Rodney Neep has not answered my email and postings on more than one forum suggest he may no longer be making brushes due to health issues (I am repeating third hand information here that may not be accurate.)

Hi, Roscotanna

I just looked at your Facebook page. You've got some good looking stuff going on there. Do you ever do any wood turning? I am not looking for ceramic for the brush I have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom