Apocalyptic event.

Gentlemen, I have a question for you.
Imagine, if you would, an event so catastrophic that the production of shaving supplies ground entirely to a halt.

(NO, WAIT, it isn't real, don't order extra back ups, this is a hypothetical scenario)

How long could you remain smooth shaven and looking sharp while everyone else is looking haggard and awful?

Just think, the members of this forum would stand out a mile.
They would be looking and smelling dapper and no doubt surrounded by women
who would all be wanting to restart the human race. (Or shave their legs)

So, the first decision I would suggest is to determine the average life of a puck of soap / croap / cream.
How many days is an average blade?
How long does an edt and a balm last?
Perhaps it would be good to realise what you would fall short of first?
You could then stock up on this shortfall.

Go on, indulge me, I am curious....

The only thing I'll run out of is soap/cream, and that won't happen for a few years. I might run out of DE-blades but that's ok, plenty of straights and wedge-SE's to keep me smooth forever.

About 15 years, unless I really try to stretch the life of each blade. I should have enough AS for 20 years or so, and my soaps probably last for at least 15 years as well (not sure though).

The (straight) razors I have already (around 15) have an accumulative age of at least 1000 years and they are all still within say 5-10% of their new width.
Based on that, I would put a rough guess that I could go on using my current razors way into my 1,000's :D
Fragrances, 60 ish
Balms, mid 50's
Soap, Christmas

More than happy to share photos of kittens, recipes and knitting patterns, petal.
Right, that's it. I've put my Lakeland catalogue back in my Cath Kidston bag. If you think i'm lending you my any of my Guinness yeast you can fuck right off!

Btw on a serious note Vinny, Lavender AS - recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom