Anyone know what year this was manufactured?

Hi all
I was wondering if any of you guys and your wisdom could shed some light on the age/date this would have been made ?
J.ALLEN AND SONS. SHEFFIELD.
Is all that is stamped on the tang, nothing on the other side and no other markings anywhere ......if anyone knows anymore information on it's age that would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance Screenshot_20170906-180718.jpg

Hi all
I was wondering if any of you guys and your wisdom could shed some light on the age/date this would have been made ?
J.ALLEN AND SONS. SHEFFIELD.
Is all that is stamped on the tang, nothing on the other side and no other markings anywhere ......if anyone knows anymore information on it's age that would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance View attachment 29324
@Fergiebilly is your man to ask about that, the numbers on the scales are interesting, I've not seen that before, I too look forward to any info that can be given :) P.

They are a Very Old Company..Check Out the History & Dates..Its a Wedge or Near Wedge with a Bit of Hone Wear..It Will Hone Up Fine by the Looks of it with Time & Patience..Wedges with Hone Wear Can Be a Challenge to Hone..:)
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwik39HF_LvWAhUEDMAKHUDcCI0QFghcMAU&url=http://strazors.com/index.php?id=47&doc=joseph_rodgers_and_sons_sheffield_&usg=AFQjCNHlt5jruA37smfEBYDk2o8Z6mWv_Q

Billy

Thanks for chiming in :) I did manage to find a load of dates and history about the company and how they started out etc but in regards to dating the blade the information I found online was a bit vague....as for honing it , it will probably find it's way to you with my other razor beginning of October if that's ok lol

Just got the above wedge and two 2 others back from Fergiebilly , after sending them to him to be honed , all came back nice and tight with beautiful edges , he was also very helpful and informative keeping me updated as he did the work , very quick turn around for a great service at great price :)
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom