Any way to cool down a jar of Jalapenos??

I buy a particular brand of Jalapenos which are usually pretty consistent in their 'heat' quality, however, this new jar I opened, well, they'd blow your head off (One gave me hiccoughs which I haven't had in years!) LOL Is there any way to cool them down by adding something to the jar, or should I just toss them and get some more?

Last edited:
I buy a particular brand of Jalapenos which are usually pretty consistent in their 'heat' quality, however, this new jar I opened, well, they'd blow your head off (One gave me hiccoughs which I haven't had in years!) LOL Any way to cool them down by adding something to the jar, or should I just toss them and get some more?

You could drain the brine they are soaking in and re-fill it with a new brining solution. Might help if they sit in it for a while.

81J8S3UF9dL._SY445_.jpg

if your tongue/ mouth is too hot (by chili) i found that if you disolve a little sugar on your tongue that the heat is gone in a few minutes. Or full fat milk or yoghurt (the fat will coat your tongue) is also very helpfull. Don't drink because you will get it in other parts of your mouth.

This is what I found (my wife is from Indonisia and we eat a lot I mean a lot of chili's, we even grow them our selfs and because they all are different in the heat scale, sometimes I also have these tricks :) )

Good luck trying!

Back
Top Bottom