An unconventional Bay Rum

Written around Christmas:

"With a newfound appreciation of tea and a lovely visit to the glorious Betty's Tea Rooms on Christmas Eve, I now find myself with rum, Betty's Spice Christmas Tea, some cloves (check), witch hazel (check) and Bay Rum oil (check).

Woo! So, 200ml bottle, tablespoon of the spiced tea (a Chinese Congou tea, spiced with orange peel, lemon peel and cinnamon), 5 cloves, top up to the shoulder with Lamb's Navy Rum, 25 drops of Bay Rum oil and 10 drops of Cade oil. I love cade! This brew is dark and with the earthiness of the tea, I want it to be really tarry ... so the Cade oil went in. Topped up with witch hazel, I'll leave that for 2-3 months, shaking daily for the first couple of weeks, less frequently thereafter."

I've since added some Birch Tar oil and the merest hint of Indian Patchouli oil, which is quite bright and minty as well as deep and earthy.

The concoction is ...

Pretty much what Pashana would be if it was made for Bruce Lee! Think, the Laphroaig version of Pashana!

It's strong! It's VERY stong! VERY deep, VERY earthy and highly exotic, bringing all corners of the High Seas into one bottle.

... a personal best and dubbed The Pirate Queen in honour of the Chinese Tea in there :D

S4TchHCLcSqFURUVV7YcnSwhg1PV8TnaSutUCCaw6KF3pTLAhp9iQ0ugY7JOxHSDczON06qh5JK1ASQt5s1gfYg1omI1XsSvO7His2xky9BawKIvMZl_07LOw1uq6dIBtkPfnTqOfWDk-lEI1HUNbttidiccdNopSecymDzrims7LzAQvTzP7_r6wGW17kMfr_B5vBYinz0gaQvpZNynvzsdbdKez6rsFS7wmJU2o58u8kikw61-x11DTyFug-z3Knmd_wHpqOsZKuFjVTkaN4Mld24_vyai-1HLp5OwUefhwWHJN8cEyucbM4Q4lcOTnd_BIBGRt8jT_m6Q4dHRMkWxO-Hp5mUa-Ynu0rJvQpkUoRbnclKqjI9Rwuc9oSJpUvX6iCBexnBFFfNDgNxlTpTHO7aRnR_Oq66Lt-6CeKLcqwiVCZHCCwMUYuOTElVZMgCroyLT9HRT02X6vambJ3TtAjBz7OJDmlTWY2wAoqkBe_DNzPwAS0hAf8mqF2o6DKeco48psJONjOQVgcsXHORfC8fxPxD2CwnzvG1yLp_cQ0b5aBecUEXZME3xkutD2lhIR3YGdCMQbSdpaKowUmrPGQu1OEmE_mrxsTSM8lQfj3ggxdJVXQ=w886-h1200

Written around Christmas:

"With a newfound appreciation of tea and a lovely visit to the glorious Betty's Tea Rooms on Christmas Eve, I now find myself with rum, Betty's Spice Christmas Tea, some cloves (check), witch hazel (check) and Bay Rum oil (check).

Woo! So, 200ml bottle, tablespoon of the spiced tea (a Chinese Congou tea, spiced with orange peel, lemon peel and cinnamon), 5 cloves, top up to the shoulder with Lamb's Navy Rum, 25 drops of Bay Rum oil and 10 drops of Cade oil. I love cade! This brew is dark and with the earthiness of the tea, I want it to be really tarry ... so the Cade oil went in. Topped up with witch hazel, I'll leave that for 2-3 months, shaking daily for the first couple of weeks, less frequently thereafter."

I've since added some Birch Tar oil and the merest hint of Indian Patchouli oil, which is quite bright and minty as well as deep and earthy.

The concoction is ...

Pretty much what Pashana would be if it was made for Bruce Lee! Think, the Laphroaig version of Pashana!

It's strong! It's VERY stong! VERY deep, VERY earthy and highly exotic, bringing all corners of the High Seas into one bottle.

... a personal best and dubbed The Pirate Queen in honour of the Chinese Tea in there :D

S4TchHCLcSqFURUVV7YcnSwhg1PV8TnaSutUCCaw6KF3pTLAhp9iQ0ugY7JOxHSDczON06qh5JK1ASQt5s1gfYg1omI1XsSvO7His2xky9BawKIvMZl_07LOw1uq6dIBtkPfnTqOfWDk-lEI1HUNbttidiccdNopSecymDzrims7LzAQvTzP7_r6wGW17kMfr_B5vBYinz0gaQvpZNynvzsdbdKez6rsFS7wmJU2o58u8kikw61-x11DTyFug-z3Knmd_wHpqOsZKuFjVTkaN4Mld24_vyai-1HLp5OwUefhwWHJN8cEyucbM4Q4lcOTnd_BIBGRt8jT_m6Q4dHRMkWxO-Hp5mUa-Ynu0rJvQpkUoRbnclKqjI9Rwuc9oSJpUvX6iCBexnBFFfNDgNxlTpTHO7aRnR_Oq66Lt-6CeKLcqwiVCZHCCwMUYuOTElVZMgCroyLT9HRT02X6vambJ3TtAjBz7OJDmlTWY2wAoqkBe_DNzPwAS0hAf8mqF2o6DKeco48psJONjOQVgcsXHORfC8fxPxD2CwnzvG1yLp_cQ0b5aBecUEXZME3xkutD2lhIR3YGdCMQbSdpaKowUmrPGQu1OEmE_mrxsTSM8lQfj3ggxdJVXQ=w886-h1200
It sounds fabulous , well done.

Back
Top Bottom