An Ever Ready 1912?????

Hi Folks. Picked up my first SE today. What have I done?

Anyway, I think it's an aluminium handled Ever Ready 1912. just need to get some blades and we're off!

How does this one shave?

[attachment=13958]

[attachment=13959]

[attachment=13960]

Attachments

• 004 (393x800).jpg
    004 (393x800).jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 005 (800x688).jpg
    005 (800x688).jpg
    357 KB · Views: 90
  • 006 (800x635).jpg
    006 (800x635).jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 75
You've landed a 'Peerless', often found in a clear & colour plastic case. UK, 1950s, I think. Perhaps late '40s.

As a shave, it's precisely like every other 1912, just has a lighter handle. Damn good! Yes, grab some blades off Connaught's and away you go! Have fun :D

Hello

Yeah, that's an English made Ever Ready 1912.......:s
There is a general consensus that the English 1912 is a wee bit more vicious than the USA made Ever Ready 1912.......I find this to be true.....The English 1912 can be a tad rough with New blade and then it settles down.....

You will get your GEM Stainless Steel blades from Connaught's Shaving Supplies....These are excellent blades and as cheap as chips and he offers a discount the more you buy and fast Pay Pal and delivery service

http%3A%2F%2Fconnaughtshaving.com%

Enjoy......:icon_razz:

Billy

Occams Razor said:
Wha burst the ba said:
Thanks guys. I know a man not far from me who has some spare blades :) :)

I'll give it a try and see how it shaves. Thanks again for the help.

If you want some blades Brian I can drop a few off at Ian's shop for you?

That sounds great. Thanks. There is one unused Ever Ready Corrux blade with it so I'll give that a try. What's the worst that could happen?

Wha burst the ba said:
There is one unused Ever Ready Corrux blade with it so I'll give that a try. What's the worst that could happen?

It could give you a terrible and irritable shave?

I've tried a few old-stock blades and only got away with it the once, oddly with a VERY old Ever Ready.

pjgh said:
Wha burst the ba said:
There is one unused Ever Ready Corrux blade with it so I'll give that a try. What's the worst that could happen?

It could give you a terrible and irritable shave?

I've tried a few old-stock blades and only got away with it the once, oddly with a VERY old Ever Ready.

pjgh.

Oddly enough I didn't get away with it! It was tuggy and dull. The trusty Digress and Lab Blue 3rd use was like heaven.

New lades for next bash. Cheers.

The 1912 is the best razor I've ever used. I have a USA made Ever Ready. A very well behaved razor and incredibly efficient. Such an intuitive razor to use. The butter on toast sound effects are great as well. My only other razor that shaves as close WTG is the R41.

I picked up a 1912 from BST and started with it last week. I managed 1 shave, which was excellent, before getting flu. On Wednesday, I had over a week's worth of growth & decided to carry on trying the 1912. It took it all off with no trouble at all. As stellablade mentions, the sound is great, you definitely know it's doing its job.

I'd previously tried a Valet Auto Strop and thought it was a bit meh. I was ready to give up on SE until I saw that little 1912 and liked the look of it. I'm very glad I did, it's excellent.

I really need to get a pic up here to get more info on which one I've got.

Well thanks to Occams Razors kindness I picked up some Gem blades that he dropped off at The Gentlemans Groom Room.

What a shave. Buttering toast it was. It sounds like it should be tuggy but was very smooth. I'd managed about 6 days growth and it was an effortless shave. Very smooth indeed with no irritation or razor burn.

A 4 quid razor beats all the rest I have!!! ATB Brian

Back
Top Bottom