Alum block

Rub some water on the flat surface of the alum and then rub said alum on face. I rinse off after a few minutes, personally.

I'd also suggest grabbing yourself some witch hazel and/or aloe vera gel. Both are great for reducing redness and can be left on. :) I've not used alum in a long while and I feel better for it (subjective, different rules apply to different people). :)

I bought an alum block when I first started de shaving used it twice now it just sits in a draw , when I did use it i just rinsed my face at the end of the shave ran the alum block under the tap and rubbed it on my face and let it dry , also a good idea is to wrap an elastic band around the block so it doesn't slip out of your hand :)

Be aware that if you have applied the alum too liberally and don't rinse afterwards you run the risk of the " Blackadder Prince " look of applied whitewash ... so not cool !

JohnnyO. o/

@Roy - mostly to agree with the above. I used to use allum every shave but these days I don't unless I have been heavy handed, clumsy or have tried to shave quickly with the Cobra. I skip straight to the witch hazel. If I do reach for it - I apply it to a wet face and leave it for a few minutes as I tidy up around the sink - clean the brush, razor and put the soap away. Then wash it off well - first warm then cold water. Plenty of. Then onto the finishing touches. Each to their own. Hope this helps - cheers - I.

I use an alum block after the last pass of my shaves. It closes and disinfects all micro skin injuries and my skin likes it.
First I clean my face with cold water from all rests of lather, than I rub the alum block over all wet beard areas. I let it stay as long I have finished cleaning my shaving utensils and than I wash my face again with cold water and clean it from the alum. Last I dry my face dabbing with a towel and put some aftershave on.

Last edited:
The alum block can also be used as a very good antiperspirant.
Indeed, and is quite effective...

081363_A.png

Back
Top Bottom