All Seven Flair Tip Rockets

Finally competed my collection with the acquisition of the TV Special. All razor's came from the UK with the exception of the Blue Tip. The Rockets from left to right. 1959 Regular Flair Tip; Late 50's Blue Tip; Late 50's Red Tip; 1958 TV Special w/Rhodium Handle and Nickel Head; 1959 Gold Flair Tip; 1958 Traveler's Deluxe - full Rhodium; and Early 1960 Flair Tip w/Flat Super Speed Type End Caps (all cased).
AllFTS.jpg
KK.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding collection, but the "Red Tip" & "Blue Tip" are not technically considered "Flare Tip" razors. They are all either a Super-Speed, Rocket, or Relampago (Latin America), but collectors only call 1, 4, 5, 6 & 7 respectively a "Flare Tip" to the best of my knowledge. They are all however sub-phylum of the Super-Speed/Rocket.

@FloidManiac:
the later small domed one shaves better IMO.

Outstanding collection, but the "Red Tip" & "Blue Tip" are not technically considered "Flare Tip" razors. They are all either a Super-Speed, Rocket, or Relampago (Latin America), but collectors only call 1, 4, 5, 6 & 7 respectively a "Flare Tip" to the best of my knowledge. They are all however sub-phylum of the Super-Speed/Rocket.

@FloidManiac:
the later small domed one shaves better IMO.

Hum. Never heard that before but there are Super Speed like Brit models in the Regular, Red and Blue style with the pointed caps, but not the gap at the bottom. Here are two examples I have: The first (regular I just sold) and my Blue Tip collection of all three - US, Brit Flair Tip, and Brit regular version. I also had a Red Tip (non gap) version that I sold months ago. So based on this I don't know how else to referred to the gap type other than Flair Tip?

slll.jpg
ttt.jpg

Loving the collection,

The red tip for some reason is the stand out one for me.

Congratulations and enjoy :)

I'm no expert but I have a Red Tip US version that's a real great shaver, but I still feel that the Rocket Red Tip is slightly more aggressive - but I'm probably going with the conventional wisdom on this issue. Anyway both are real nice shavers and I rotate them monthly in and out of my 7 razor rotation.

Back
Top Bottom