After Shave Balm Packaging

Afternoon all

I am currently going through a design project for an after shave balm and was wondering if people have a preference for packaging i.e. squeeze bottle/tube type packaging or tub/container similar to cream.

I myself prefer a tube and most products seem to come like that but on the other hand I think tubs can look a bit classier.

Do you have a preference and would one or the other put you off buying?

Thanks

Neil

I don't like tubes. You can't easily get the last bits out of them without cutting them open. If the content is not especially nice I don't bother. Advantage: they are dirt cheap.
If you do want to waste product go for the classier glass bottle. The only nice thing I have to say about Nivea ASB is that I like the glass bottle - I use one to decant Cella Colonia Classica into a more practical container :D
Tubs look good and you can get every last bit out of them. You can also see how much product you actually get unless they have two bottoms (women's cosmetics are the worst offenders), but if I found that out at the end I wouldn't buy again.
Having said all that I must confess that I hardly ever use ASBs any more. Once my stock is gone it won't be replenished.

Myrsol Emulsion in its classic, olde tyme appearance bottle looks good on my shelf, affords a good grip and works well for me. I'd buy it( for its performance ) if it came in a brown paper bag.

JohnnyO. o/

Glass bottles look very classy, but the balm obviously has to be fairly liquid which I find rather bothersome because it makes it harder to extract just the amount I want and not more. (And then it runs over my hand while I put away the bottle.) A tube needs a larger place to store - unless you can stand it upright - and can be fiddly.

A tub or container combines classiness and ease of use, as long as it closes properly so the content won't dry out. But my preference is actually the squeeze bottle, because it's easy to portion the balm (which can be of thicker consistency), it won't take up much space and can be placed neatly on the shelf, I can quickly grab/open/close it with one hand, and when it's almost empty I can cut it open and neatly remove every last bit.

Personally, I prefair see through containers.
The white plastic pump as used by Wickham's 1912 balm and other products are prone to failure.
In some cases the pump head can become miss aligned and problems ensue.
Plus with a see through bottle you can see what is left!

Back
Top Bottom