After Shave Advice

Hi all.
5 months in to my first time DE shaving life (shameful at 53, I know) and I'm loving it.
A couple of videos were very useful early on in helping me with my technique, but both stated that alcohol based after shave should not go anywhere near a freshly shaved face. But I have noticed in the SOTD forum that a lot of you guys love a splash after a shave. And I must admit that I liked a little 'sting' in the past. What is the general thinking here? And would a splash follow some balm?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Barry

Hi all.
5 months in to my first time DE shaving life (shameful at 53, I know) and I'm loving it.
A couple of videos were very useful early on in helping me with my technique, but both stated that alcohol based after shave should not go anywhere near a freshly shaved face. But I have noticed in the SOTD forum that a lot of you guys love a splash after a shave. And I must admit that I liked a little 'sting' in the past. What is the general thinking here? And would a splash follow some balm?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Barry
I use both lotions and balms, it is usually based more on the scent, however if I have had a rough shave with irritation I might favour a balm. One thing I always use is witch hazel after a shave.

Alcohol based lotions cause adverse skin reactions for me, they're also alleged to dry out and age the skin. ( That's a tip I got from everyone's favourite psycho, Pat Bateman ). For me a balm or cream such as Myrsol emulsion or one of the Bulldog range work fine.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom