A good day for a lover of English language and culture

Following this previous thread:
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...ers-here-esol-sfl-vs-cambridge-fce-cae.33411/

Today I obtained the highest English language certification availlable in Britain: the Certificate of Proficiency in English.

cpe_re10.jpg

Although my speaking in real life is quite pathetic (frequent conjugation mistakes/tense sequence mistakes or use of wrong terms), I managed to pass with a C grade. The test is not that hard, but it demands good reasoning skills and a very wide range of vocabulary (hence the proficiency...): idiomatic expressions, collocations, phrasal verbs (I HATE phrasal verbs).

Being French helped me a lot too, since about 30% of English words come from French (the Normands and all...), especially in the formal registry.

Consequently, I am a bit proud of it, because this result shows my efforts to learn from and about British culture, in order to integrate myself a little bit more everyday. Watching a lot of US and UK TV series finally paid off too...:D

Last edited:
Excellent, Cristobal!

Next up, a course in Advance Scouse Dialect with a complimentary side course in how to incorporate bronchial asthma into a language and a free copy of "How To Remove The Letter "H" from Everything You Say"

:D

Excellent, Cristobal!

Next up, a course in Advance Scouse Dialect with a complimentary side course in how to incorporate bronchial asthma into a language and a free copy of "How To Remove The Letter "H" from Everything You Say"

:D
No need. He's French. :D:D

Congratulations, Cristobal

Back
Top Bottom