37th Stoke Beer & Cider Festival

OK, so the findings are in from the beer/cider tasting at the 37th Stoke on Trent Beer Festival. Ant and I tried many choices, sadly, my ability to ingest alcohol has diminished since the diet started, so only managed to try these fine offerings:

1) Ashover Brewery - Poets Tipple. Lovely and malty, full and rich.
2) Atomic Brewery - Atomic Strike. A very light tasting, pale beer. Very easy to drink, but missing some character that would improve it.
3) Beartown Brewery - Bluebeary. A very pleasant surprise, with a big fruity hit up front, and a malty bitter finish.
4) Beowulf Brewing Co - Finns Hall Porter. Wow, nice and smoky, dark with hints of coffee. A great winter warmer, ideal for finishing a night.
5) Black Edge Brewery - Ginger. A subtle ginger beer, with honey and orange notes to balance the ginger.
6) Blue Bee Brewery - Ginger Beer. BOOM, a nice, fiery ginger beer, with a hint of citrus. Very pleasant indeed.
7) Brew Foundation - Hop & Glory. Light, floral and sweet. Easy to drink, and refreshing.
8) Brimstage Brewing Co - Scarecrow Bitter. Sweet and fruity, with a pleasant bitter/dry ending.
9) Liverpool Organic Brewery - Bier Head. Possibly my favourite of the day, bitter, aromatic and malty. I will be hunting this beer down.
10) Liverpool Organic Brewery - Shipwreck. Stronger, fuller and fruity. This was a very complex beer, with occasional hints of fruit and a superb bitter finish.
11) Mustang - V8. The beer is reminiscent of it's namesake. Powerful, full of flavour and a hint of smoke. Lovely.
12) Amber Ales - Chocolate Orange Stout - It lacked the 'heavy' factor of other stouts, but the chocolate orange flavours were nice.
13) Double Vision Cider - Medium. This was a strong, sharp Kentish cider, very pleasant.
14) Wiscombe - Suicider. Ooft, this was strong, and tasted amazing. A cider for one who loves full bodied apple tasting ciders.

I do wish I could try some more, alas, I wanted to keep my wits about me and actually enjoy the beer/cider.

Back
Top Bottom