SOTD: Saturday 16th - Friday 22th March 2019

I enjoyed the 34G so much last time out that I decided to reach for the 37C for this mornings ritual. That and the fact I had three days of beard to carve through. soap of the day was RazoRock Black Bay and it is easily my favourite soap scent they make. Great performance and an incredible Bay Rum without the clove. Lathered up with the Chubby 1 which is breaking in nicely and proceeded to get through a wonderful two pass near BBS shave. Great start to the week. Safe travels and happy shaves all.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: Natural Men Shave - Sandalwood Oil
Lather: RazoRock Black Bay
Aftershave: RazoRock Black Bay
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Blocked

https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/5c8fa8161141ee16b084d91542081

Monday 18th March
Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #5 - Alum - Lacoste Original A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream
eyuoqlE.jpg

The Pal at full volume gives a great, close shave. I'm as smooth as Carlos Santana.

Mon 18th March

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2 Band
P & B Pall Mall
Alu. General / Claymore Handlw
Schick Proline [ 10 ]
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

After a weekend away with rather disappointing Shaves, the bathroom just not conducive for Shaving so was good to be home. Despite not changing the blade, the Shave was very enjoyable and not a chore. Shaving very easy no stooping or twisting, very smooth and comfortable even the finish was good.

SOTD: 18/03/2019
Great to hear production of this awesome Dutch shaving soap has started again!
[emoji3503]Snow Mesh handle/Tuxedo by Leo Frilot
[emoji3503]Scheermonnik Delfts Wit
[emoji3503]Merkur 34c with Feather Blade (2)
[emoji3503]Eufros: Brisa de Oriente ASB
6e10462d0cfeb32045eea203619a5876.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It is a great soap. Do you know Leslie if they have brought out any new fragrances?
I seem to recall they only had two but I may be wrong.

It is a great soap. Do you know Leslie if they have brought out any new fragrances?
I seem to recall they only had two but I may be wrong.
Cheers Wayne, currently they are making a new soap called PUUR (Pure), which is a fragrant free and free of allergens, for sensitive skin.. This is the 5th installment of Scheermonnik soap. The others being 1778 Beau Brummell, Soek & Delftse Donderslag.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tonight's Shave
2nd shave with Muhle Grande R89
i like the weight of it and finding it easy to use. Just letting the weight do the shaving. Again 1.5 passes 1x WTG, then tidy up XTG/AGT mix.
Not a mark on me tonight and nothing from Alum block - sweet BBS.

Pre: Hot shower and vigorous face wash
Brush: Kent old traditional Badger bristle
Soap: Cyril R Slater luxury shaving cream
Blade: Astra Platinum (2)
Razor: Muhle R89 Grande
Post shave: Alum block and cold water splash
Balm: D&G intenso
Aftershave: N/A
Enjoy your evening. Chin chin.

Last edited:
Monday 18th March 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Nuage for Men Shaving Oil
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- TOBS Eton College cream
Razor/Blade:- ES Claymore V1 / Schick Proline
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Bart's Balm Peppermint aftershave balm

3acfd9231c60858d4808b61a9a57291e.jpg

A friggin' excellent shave this evening.

I'm going to try shaving every night this week to see how things go. I tried it before with DE shaving and my skin couldn't cope with it. I'm sure my technique has improved since then and my skin feels better and better after most of my shaves. The turning point for me is definitely NO PRESSURE.

This evenings shave had a kind of mentholish theme to it, especially at the end.

The TOBS Eton College cream was in a bit of a mess when it first arrived with me - the cream was really runny and thin. Over time it seems to have thickened up a bit and looks more like a cream.

As soon as my brush hit the bowl the lather exploded. I knew I had used too much cream...but who cares! A lather fest in the bathroom!

The scent of the lather was very clean and barbershop like. It gave me a nice protective layer which the razor glided over.

A straightforward 3 pass shave with no incidents - no weepers at all tonight.

Floids Vigoroso gave the usual refreshing feeling, not a burn, more a wake up call. Topped off with Barts Balm Peppermint and I'm smiling with a BBS feel.

Have a great evening folks. [emoji1303]

Menthol Monday Shave
Prep: Cold water (with some added ice) face wash Pears Lemon Flower
Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
Bowl: Timeless
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Sharp Star (1)
Post: Cold rinse alum homemade witch hazel lemon oil menthol mix
AS: Brut Attraction Totale
PSB: Stirling Lemon Chill

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
CV. Heljestrand SE
BOKER Full Hollow Ground Swedish Steel Blade ( Freshly Honed )
Pure Badger
Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Cracking Shave this Morning with my CV.Heljestrand Safety Razor & Freshly Honed BOKER Full Hollow Ground Blade...The BOKER Sports a 20 K Surgical Black Arkansas Edge..This Swedish work of Art is just the Dogs Danglies..Air Craft Precision Engineering of the Day..This Razor is as Comfortable as any Cartridge Razor but Shaves Ever So Close & Ever So Deep..:D

The Smallest Straight BOKER Blade in Town..:p:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom