SOTD ,SATURDAY 19th JANUARY 2019 - FRIDAY 25th January 2019.

Tuesday 22nd January 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm rinse / Proraso Red pre shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- RazoRock XXX soap
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk / Schick Proline P-30 (3)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Bart's Balm Lavender Oil aftershave / Bart's Balm Lavender Oil balm

baeda8eebdc342767177d098cb9e4fbd.jpg

My 3rd and best SE shave.

I specifically allowed 2 days growth of my stubble to see how much of a difference it made, and it certainly had a positive change.

Returning to my usual prep I included a pre shave cream with Proraso red. I used RazoRocks XXX soap which gave a good lather, though by my 3rd pass it was beginning to break down. I needed to return to the bowl to load up for my final pass but it gave everything I needed.

I took my time with the razor and concentrated on longer slower strokes. This made a big difference with a lot of stubble being removed during the first 2 passes, especially around my neck area. By the end of my 3rd pass the blade fell silent and I could feel my face was BBS. A couple of pickups were needed around my throat area but a good stretch of the neck and and these were gone in seconds.

Rinsing off I could feel how close and smooth this shave was. Applying the Bart's aftershave lotion just made things better. I probably didn't need to use the balm too but I thought to heck with it.

I'm at the “can't stop rubbing my face” stage just now and can't stop smiling.

A great shave tonight which is only confirming I did the right thing by trying SE shaving.

Have a great night folks. [emoji1303]

Prep: Face wash with Pears soap
Pre: Wilko Shave Oil
Brush: Omega 10019 Pure Bristle
Soap: Body Shop Macca Root & Aloe
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: Personna Gem (5)
Moisture: Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel
ASL: Superdrug Forest Fresh

Another very good shave with the 1912. Love this razor. Intuitive angle and very efficient shave. The blade has lost the slight coarseness from the first couple of uses and is now very comfortable without showing any signs of fading. Lovely thick but slick lather from the Macca Root.

Cheers
Steve

Tuesday 22nd January

YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Tabac
Ikon 102 / Windrose
Gillette Silver Blue (?)
Quorum Aftershave

With three days growth to remove, I was tempted to load fresh blade given that I haven't kept track of how many times I had used the Silver Blue. I was pleasantly surprised when the blade performed perfectly - sharp and smooth all the way.

Tabac did the trick as usual - glide and slickness almost unparalleled by other soaps/creams imo.
Finished with Quorum Aftershave.
I must obtain a Tobacco ASL/Splash soon

SOTD Ruesday 22 January 2019 :)

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar soap, followed by cold water splash and Castle Forbes Pre-shave.
Cream: Martin de Candre Fougere .
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl: NA = Face lather.
Razor: Blackland Vector.
Blade: Kai Captain (Pink) Mild (4).
Post: D.R. Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera.

Two passes - WTG and XTG, face and neck -DFS finish, no issues to report.

A good, not a great shave today - thinking back, I needed more water on my face - the Vector did a good job, but the preperation was not as good as it could have been.

All the best,

Chris

Wednesday 23rd January

Pears Glycerine soap
Clubman Shave Butter (pre shave)
Kent Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Taj Badger/Boar Brush
GEM Bullet with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse
Thayers Witch Hazel
Palmer's for Men Moisturiser
Florida Water

The GEM Bullet Tip is the roughest looking SE razor I possess.....but it still gives a great shave.
My MWF bowl is now loaded with Kent soap .....and to be honest I notice no difference in either scent or performance when compared with the original occupant.

3 passes for a great shave:)

I've said it once and I'll say it again;

" I'm a man of simple tastes. I'm always satisfied with the best."

Proven by todays setup:

Rockwell 6
Gillette Rubie plus

Dr Harris Sandalwood
Razorock Plissoft 26mm
Wimmie Bowl

Dr Harris Sandalwood Aftershave
Dr Harris Aftershave milk
Dr Harris Sandalwood Cologne

While the Rockwell was provided with a fresh Gillette Rubie blade,
the puck was blooming in the Wimmie bowl, used this water as a pre shave and let the Plissoft do what it does so well, make thick, nice creamy Bulgarian yogurt like lather.

What an absolute pleasure it is to put this lather on my delicate, sensitive, yet still masculine skin.

Terrific slickness, the Rockwell seemed to be slipping and sliding while mowing the whiskers.

And that smell, Sandalwood at it's best!

But the best was yet to come after the rince off…
the Dr Harris sandalwood aftershave experience.

Refreshing without a tinkle and continuing the sandalwood smell sensation.

Dr Harris after shave milk for the skin maintenance and For the ultimate finish, you guys will know what I mean, that ‘Happy end feeling' … The Sandalwood cologne!

Where's the mrs when you need her?

O well I'll just reminisce while having a cappuccino with ….

Have a nice day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom