SOTD . SATURDAY 21st JULY - FRIDAY 27th JULY 2018.

Razor - ATT SE 1
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - SOC 2 Band Taj
Bowl - Wee Wren Pottery
Cream - Fitjar Fjellheim
Post - Thayers Cucumber
Eau Sauvage EDT

a4f26a74-a202-4481-965e-8f314da4fd1d-jpeg.32785

Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: OSP Fougere
Razor: WS Sticky
Blade: Gillette Nacet
IMG_20180721_085458.jpg

With <15hrs since my last shave the Sticky was just what the Doctor ordered.
My second use of an OSP soap and the performanc of the Fougere is every bit as good as the Bay Rum.
The scent is also very good, James is indeed a very talented soapmaker.
Here's hoping your weekend is as smooth as my face.

SOTD: 21st July 2018.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel. .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap./Bloom water face wash.

Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Kent .

Blade: Gillette ~ 365 Stainless .(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s (Settings) 2.5 wtg, 3. xtg, 4. atg+pick ups.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Gillette ~ A/S Balm.

Denim ~ Original A/S lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend. starting the weekend off with the gillette 365 stainless blade, which is another blade i haven't used for a while,To be honest it wasn't until @Satanfriendly was asking for 365 supplier source,that i realised i hadn't used them for a long time.
I've mentioned before, i count myself very fortunate that my skin type gets along with stainless steel blades, the gillette 365/ming shi 2000s duo matched together very nicely with no tugging issues resulting in a 3 pass + pick up smooth efficient shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Denim ~Original A/S.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling like "A man that doesn't have try, too hard".
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

42827077234_22dfc056ae_z.jpg

Extro Positano ~ Semogue Owners Club ~ Mergress ~ Nacet ~ Extro Positano ~ Proraso Sensitive Balm

Had such a good experience with Extro Tabacco I decided to grab another set and couldnt resist the temptation of "the Amalfi coast in a bottle". Was delivered by the postie first thing so I managed to use it for my SOTD... Scent is quite subdued when sniffed from the tub and bottle, "hmm disappointingly mild" I thought, well let me tell you the scent explodes once its on your face. Lather quality was superb, better than tabacco for certain but the scent was so strong it gave me a really itchy shave where my whole face was telling me something wasnt right! Battled on through it and finished with the matching splash, which turned out to be even stronger. My face was seemingly on fire for a minute or two, it died down to a mild itch after I applied some Proraso sensitive balm.

I can still smell it very strongly, my face seems to have recovered and actually I have the smoothest BBS in a long time with really supple, hydrated skin. Performance was spot on but I cant face that burning sensation again, it'll be on the BST shortly for anyone brave enough ;)

aturday 21st July

Pears Glycerine soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Imperial Rum Soap
Semogue 2000 Boar Brush
Giles Shaving Bowl
Yaqi DOC Razor on a Windrose Handle with a Permasharp Blade
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum

3 passes for a fantastically smooth Shave!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

324_EE7_D0-32_EC-45_F7-_BB5_E-0_D5_B84360_CAA.jpg

Rocca & Ladas (again)
APR Fresca set (again)
YaQi Mysterious (again)

Not that it needs spelling but complacency breeds issues. Having had some very good shaved recently I whipped the razor around this morning and found some irritation on my neck. Not to worry, I'm smooth and it's fairly negligible. I'll be fine guys, don't panic!

Back
Top Bottom