SOTD Saturday 23rd Sept-Friday 29th Sept 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: TOBS Jermyn St
Razor: ER Streamline
Blade: Gem Blue Star
img_20170925_113732-jpg.18129

What a great way to start the week, I may have to re-evaluate my favourite vintage SE, an incredibly smooth and effortless shave.

Monday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash, followed by warm water splash and Proraso Pre-shave Cream (Green).
Razor - Supply-SE (V1.0) - Plate ** (comfort).
Blade - Schick Proline p-20 (Day 3).
Soap - D.R Harris Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons The Duke 2 Pure Badger.
Post shave - D R Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Ibiza-Aloe Aloe-Vera Gel and Floid Vigoroso Aftershave.

A lovely 3 pass, BBS shave. Slightly too much water on my brush, or possible not enough cream when I built up the lather this morning, when it came to the third pass, it felt too foamy. That said, no issues.

The Supply-SE is a great razor when paired with the Proline p-20, I appreciate that YMMV. I am beginning to wonder to what extent the Supply-SE v2.0 will or will not be a step up on v1.0 in terms of shave efficiency and smoothness - enough to think about an upgrade?

Have a great day all.

Chris

Hi, what's the woolfat soap like?

Awesome stuff. Very discreet in terms of scent, not dominating and yet quite pleasing. Of course, scents are always a personal thing. Regarding performance - It does require some experience with adding water. The soap loves plenty of water but it needs to be carefully added, not all at once. Once you manage to build the lather properly - it's a great performer IMHO. The post shave feeling is so-so, could be better.

25/9/17

Soap - 3P
Brush - Yaqi
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Lord Classic SS
Post - Witch Hazel

First shave in about 4-5 days and the Old Type effortlessly mowed down the growth. Only my 3 or 4th shave with the Old Type and this was the best so far, a lot less irritation than the other shaves - signs I am closer to using the correct angle for the razor!

Mon 25th Sept
Omega s10065 Syn.
Haslinger Honig
ATT Se1
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S Lotion

Have been away for the week , but as in UK and not in Hotels, made a change to my Shaving kit and used the ATT Se 1. All shaves apart from the last one were good, well the blade was on its 12th outing.

In fact I enjoyed the Shaves so much that I used the same Kit today. The soap is good for travel and works well with the synthetic Omega. Have to say that today with no rush to clear the bathroom today I attained one of those rare Face Stroking Shaves.

IMG_1601.jpg

Monday 25th September

Wash Dove soap
Wilko Coconut & Vanilla body butter
Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Razorrock 400 Plissoft Noir
Rockwell 6C plate 3
Personna Platinum Chrome (2)
Lavender witch hazel mixture
Proraso Green ASL

My first use of Club Cola, the scent is delicious!
Performance was as expected from Wickham soaps, quite excellent.
I can see me using this soap a fair bit in the foreseeable.
I got a couple of weepers and the shave didn't feel very smooth despite good prep. I can only put this down to the blade, it's seen it's last use. I'll revert back to Astra SP, I can rely on them for a fuss free shave.

Last edited:
The Personal Barber razor
Feather blade (2)
Palmolive Shave Stick
Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
NeilBart AS balm sample (Lavender B)
Edwin Jagger Alum Stick

Bad shave today, second pass on my chin and the blade just bit right into me. Quite a bleeder, needed keep alum in it for s good two minutes before it slowed and stopped.

Checking blade and it looks like I did not clean it properly after my last shave. Going to leave my next shave for a few days for the cut to heal.

How do people find the Proraso healing gel? Does that do anything different to Alum?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

The Personal Barber razor
Feather blade (2)
Palmolive Shave Stick
Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
NeilBart AS balm sample (Lavender B)
Edwin Jagger Alum Stick

Bad shave today, second pass on my chin and the blade just bit right into me. Quite a bleeder, needed keep alum in it for s good two minutes before it slowed and stopped.

Checking blade and it looks like I did not clean it properly after my last shave. Going to leave my next shave for a few days for the cut to heal.

How do people find the Proraso healing gel? Does that do anything different to Alum?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear of your misshap, the gel works very well indeed but once opened it dosent last long before it goes off in the tube but handy to have if you have a proper bleeder. :)

CLFQvchN_o.jpg

Omega 10098
Fatip Testina Gentile
Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Proraso Green
Boots Tea Tree WH, Proraso Green balm and aftershave

Was planning on Calani Oriental Plum but rose from the dead a bit congested so Proraso Green to knock out the cobwebs. Went all Italian save the blade, also palm stropped and got a great shave, no issues at all with either razor or blade.The Fatip is now one of my favourite shavers. Used a sample of the Proraso balm and I am very impressed with it, future purchase for sure.

Back
Top Bottom