Merkur Futur 'versions'?

RCH

Hi everyone,

I had recently sold my old Futur on eBay and the guy who bought has said that he thinks that it's a clone as it doesn't say 'Merkur' on the head.

When I bought it (around 2012 ish I think) I don't think clones existed and I would have bought it from somewhere like Connaught so I am 100% sure that it's the real thing. He's also said that the finish on a new Futur that he has bought is better than my one - I guess that's possible but mine wasn't really used much.

I have had a look through some old posts to see if I can see old pictures of the inside of Futur heads but haven't found any clear ones. Mine just has 'Germany' on one side and 'Solingen' on the other. I have put a picture below.

Does anyone else have one like this that they would be able to post a picture of to confirm that mine is ok?

Also, does anyone know if the newer ones have a better finish (improved manufacturing perhaps)?

Thanks for your help!

Richard.
IMG_2203.jpg

I bought mine about ten years ago in Germany, and it looks just like yours. No markings on the head.

30801abec3a7ec597ff4b7e80dfd86d5.jpg

Reactions: RCH
I bought mine in 2015 & on one side of the baseplate it says Merkur & on the opposite side it says Solingen Germany. I can't add photo's as I don't have a degree in computer science.
Thanks for the info - I guess they changed it in the past few years then. No worries about the photos!

Back
Top Bottom