Shave of the day Saturday 12th August- Fri 18th August 2017

Raul razor, simple badger brush, OSP Sandalwood soap, Pinaud Clubman AS lotion

073_Fri_18_Aug_2017.jpg
@barbiere your setup looks exquisite!

Sotd - yesterday - Thursday 17/8 - for obvious reasons - back in the Room - literally and figuratively -

Razor - I said I wouldn't mention it again - its name is an anagram of 'Ready Ever 12 19 - Set Bathroom' - go to it crossword fans.
Blade - single edge (4)
Brush - Maseto 24mm finest
Soap - SV Tundra Artica
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Myrsol Agua Balsamico
Balm - BBA
Scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - great. After the trauma of the ill-advised pick up of the Feather A/C last shave - I wasn't going to take any chances. I had a limited amount of time before going out for the night. Everything used ensured a fuss-free and excellent shave. I'm still quite new to SV soaps but they are very good for me. You could almost skip the balm but heh? I'm still getting used to this new Creed scent but last night in the pub someone leaned over and commented how nice I smelled. Problem was - it was my mate - I guess we have to take our compliments where we find them? That being said my other-half loves it too. So job done. Thanks to other members here - I have my first Schick to try next shave and also some blades for the Feather that might not cut me up a treat. Thank you both. I'm very happy the forum didn't disappear permanently. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Oh - @Norfolkdick - the razor you mentioned - and the handle - is the one I can't say I used tonight. I found the handle to be one of the best I have ever used. Yes - it is small - I'm pretty tall and I have big hands to match but found it superb none the less. Could you recommend the next razor of this style I should be looking out for?

Last edited:
Razor: Timeless Titanium OC Scalloped 0.95
Blade: Astra Platinum (6)
Brush: H.L. Thater Funf TSN LE Butterscotch Beehive 5th Anniversary 2 Band
Soap: Oleo Pucker
A/S: Myrsol Aqua de Limon
18 08 17.jpg

One of my grand daughters is in Sterling Scotland this week for the Cowal Highland Gathering to participate in the Highland Dance World Championships. Here she is on the right getting ready for practice session.
Lilah Scotland.jpg

Razor: Timeless Titanium OC Scalloped 0.95
Blade: Astra Platinum (6)
Brush: H.L. Thater Funf TSN LE Butterscotch Beehive 5th Anniversary 2 Band
Soap: Oleo Pucker
A/S: Myrsol Aqua de Limon
View attachment 28173

One of my grand daughters is in Sterling Scotland this week for the Cowal Highland Gathering to participate in the Highland Dance World Championships. Here she is on the right getting ready for practice session.
View attachment 28174
I hope your Grand Daughter does well and above all enjoys the experience. :)

I hope your Grand Daughter does well and above all enjoys the experience. :)

@semperfi45 - @Blademonkey - P. - I second your thoughts. I hope she enjoys Scotland - I also hope she has decent water-proofs with her. As a child I attended the Cowal Games most years - my grand father was a pipe major. It always pissed down remorselessly. Much like the World Pipe Band Championship last weekend at Glasgow Green. Canadian bands do very well generally. It was pissing down - as I think I said. Good luck to her. yours - I.

@semperfi45 - @Blademonkey - P. - I second your thoughts. I hope she enjoys Scotland - I also hope she has decent water-proofs with her. As a child I attended the Cowal Games most years - my grand father was a pipe major. It always pissed down remorselessly. Much like the World Pipe Band Championship last weekend at Glasgow Green. Canadian bands do very well generally. It was pissing down - as I think I said. Good luck to her. yours - I.
Yes they brought rain gear. They will also be tracking down some of or long lost relatives. ;)

Sotd - yesterday - Thursday 17/8 - for obvious reasons - back in the Room - literally and figuratively -

Razor - I said I wouldn't mention it again - its name is an anagram of 'Ready Ever 12 19 - Set Bathroom' - go to it crossword fans.
Blade - single edge (4)
Brush - Maseto 24mm finest
Soap - SV Tundra Artica
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Myrsol Agua Balsamico
Balm - BBA
Scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - great. After the trauma of the ill-advised pick up of the Feather A/C last shave - I wasn't going to take any chances. I had a limited amount of time before going out for the night. Everything used ensured a fuss-free and excellent shave. I'm still quite new to SV soaps but they are very good for me. You could almost skip the balm but heh? I'm still getting used to this new Creed scent but last night in the pub someone leaned over and commented how nice I smelled. Problem was - it was my mate - I guess we have to take our compliments where we find them? That being said my other-half loves it too. So job done. Thanks to other members here - I have my first Schick to try next shave and also some blades for the Feather that might not cut me up a treat. Thank you both. I'm very happy the forum didn't disappear permanently. Enjoy your shaves gentlemen - yours - I.

Oh - @Norfolkdick - the razor you mentioned - and the handle - is the one I can't say I used tonight. I found the handle to one of the best I have ever used. Yes - it is small - I'm pretty tall and I have big hands to match but found it superb none the less. Could you recommend the next razor of this style I should be looking out for?

Good Morning

I personally believe that the three GEM Micromatics offer the complete range of quality SE shaves, they are the GEM OCMM (open comb Micromatic) the GEM Clog-pruf and the GEM Flying Wing (A.K.A. Bullet Tip) The order I have listed them in is the order of aggression, the OCMM being the most aggressive and IMHO the best safety razor made. The Flying Wing is about as aggressive as a 1912 but seems to shave a lot nicer and the Clog-pruf is in the middle.

If you are after another 1912, than the GEM Damskeene is considered by most 1912 fans to be the best of the 1912's though to be fair the differences in shaves between all of the 1912 models as you would expect is not huge.

Regards
Dick.

Last edited:
Good Morning

I personally believe that the three GEM Micromatics offer the complete range of quality SE shaves, they are the GEM OCMM (open comb Micromatic) the GEM Cog-pruf and the GEM Flying Wing (A.K.A. Bullet Tip) The order I have listed them in is the order of aggression, the OCMM being the most aggressive and IMHO the best safety razor made. The Flying Wing is about as aggressive as a 1912 but seems to shave a lot nicer and the Clog-pruf is in the middle.

If you are after another 1912, than the GEM Damskeene is considered by most 1912 fans to be the best of the 1912's though to be fair the differences in shaves between all of the 1912 models as you would expect is not huge.

Regards
Dick.

Thank you for a comprehensive and informative answer. I'll consider the Gem situation once I've tried my new - and first - Schick and the incoming Mergress. Like I need new razors? But they all turn out to be so good. What is a man to do? My first 1912 was a revelation for me. cheers - thanks again - I.

Greetings

Friday 18th August 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Bakelite Handle
Blade: ER Corrux NOS (11)
Brush: Vie Long / Tuxedo
Cream : RSC
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP : Dior Homme Intense

Another bog standard 1912 with an unusual handle, I suspect the Bakelite handles were a cost cutting exercise.

The NOS blade shows no sign of worsening but it does need just a very few laps on Feox each day to keep the edge sharp; whilst it is smoother stropped on plain leather alone it just isn't quite sharp enough.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 28166
I suspect Dick that you're secretly having these handles made just to puzzle us. :)

Back
Top Bottom