What are you reading at the moment?

Just finished 'The House of The Sleeping Beauties' by Yasunari Kawabata, what a weird book, didn't enjoy it at all. Three very odd short stories. The book inspired the one I am currently in the middle of, I read it a few years ago and want to give it a re-read to see if it is different to how I remember. So far it is night and day to the previous book.

Memories of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, I haven't read him for a few years but within the first few pages I can see why he is my favourite author.

Anabasis

livro-anabase.jpg

I've been meaning to read Stephen King's Gunslinger novels for years. I never seemed to be in a rush to do so until this film came about.I understand it's spectacularly bad, going by the initial reviews, but I did want to see it. Not before reading the books first, mind you, so I ordered a boxset from Amazon and started reading them a couple of weeks back.

I'm 3/4 of the way through book four (Wizard and Glass) and the books have been enjoyable so far, although this volume does digress from the main story arc a fair way.

Well worth reading .... and can't wait to sit down and get back to them.

Had my fill of Japanese books for the time being, switching to re-reading some old favourites of mine. Got the following on the go currently.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
A Gentleman In Moscow by Amor Towles (aborted currently)
The Sound of The Mountain by Yasunari Kawabata

I was planning on reading Lolita but I don't know, subject matter a bit too creepy for me

Back
Top Bottom