'You either shave or surf son, I love the smell of tabac in the morning...'

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock green (1)
Brush - Stirling fan
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - Great, I enjoyed that. Fairly new to the Tabac soap but it's rapidly becoming a favourite. Scent and performance are top notch for me. The Gibbs is a remarkably good shaver. Its diminutive size belies how well it sits in my - quite big - hands. There is a real heft and a lovely balance to it. It's no hassle to modify a blade to fit it. The Stirling fan is a match for any hard soap. It's a steal for the price. A splash of Tabac aftershave and some aloe vera gel and I'm good to go. Smelling nice, relaxed and smooth. What's not to like? I need to go out later and thankfully I remembered that The Stone Roses are playing nearby tonight (top of the bill with Steve Mason and Primal Scream no less - impressive,) so I need to mentally prepare for lots of flashback inducing 90's clothing, phony Manc accents and people walking in a silly fashion. Mad'ferit, mad'ferit.... Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.

Hi Paul,

I have just ordered the L'Occitane Cade aftershave as I love the scent.

As far as the Razor is concerned, (you are always more than welcome, :)) would I be right in assuming that Gillette developed this razor on the "mild" side due to the people in question who would be using it?
Just a thought.

Anyway have a lovely weekend,
Wayne
Thanks Wayne, the razor was, is a fat handled tech which were always on the mild side, it was just altered so the blade could be locked in place other than that it's a fat handled tech. I suppose the fitting of a shim would change it a little but the fun part for me was using a asylum / prison razor from the 50s and I thank you for that. :)
I will clean and get this little peice of history back to you next week.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend mate.

Sotd - Saturday 24/6 - inspired by @Palmolive fox

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Brush - Stirling fan
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - Great, I enjoyed that. Fairly new to the Tabac soap but it's rapidly becoming a favourite. Scent and performance are top notch for me. The Gibbs is a remarkably good shaver. Its diminutive size belies how well it sits in my - quite big - hands. There is a real heft and a lovely balance to it. It's no hassle to modify a blade to fit it. The Stirling fan is a match for any hard soap. It's a steal for the price. A splash of Tabac aftershave and some aloe vera gel and I'm good to go. Smelling nice, relaxed and smooth. What's not to like? I need to go out later and thankfully I remembered that The Stone Roses are playing nearby tonight (top of the bill with Steve Mason and Primal Scream no less - impressive,) so I need to mentally prepare for lots of flashback inducing 90's clothing, phony Manc accents and people walking in a silly fashion. Mad'ferit, mad'ferit.... Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.
Thanks for the tag...Enjoy the gig later..Regards.;)

Thanks Wayne, the razor was, is a fat handled tech which were always on the mild side, it was just altered so the blade could be locked in place other than that it's a fat handled tech. I suppose the fitting of a shim would change it a little but the fun part for me was using a asylum / prison razor from the 50s and I thank you for that. :)
I will clean and get this little peice of history back to you next week.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend mate.

Thanks for the info Paul.
Very informative.
As I said before mate there really is no rush.

Take care my friend and speak soon.
Wayne :)

Saturday AM 2017-06-24

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Hamada & Persimmon)
Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest #2 (20mm/52mm)
Floris JF shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Stork EX3 Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (5)
Floris JF aftershave (vintage)
XiMaDH5.jpg

Sotd - Saturday 24/6 - inspired by @Palmolive fox

Razor - Gibbs no.15 (3)
Brush - Stirling fan
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Tabac is the canine's tabernacles, imo.

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: P&B – Citra Royale
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Derby Premium (2nd)
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, then a shower, followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Nivea 2 Phase

I know I said I would rest my skin, but I could not resist. . . but watch as couple of shaving videos on YouTube and well . . . :rolleyes:

Interesting, I have a 'love hate' relationship with te Derby Premium blade. When I first use the blade, it feels as rough as old boots, but blooming heck, it produces a nice shave. No irritation today and did 3 passes and no need for touch ups. The soap, well what can I say, once I added enough water it was as slick and rich as one would expect from P&B :D

SOTD: 24/06/17

Razor: Rockwell 6c, Plate #6, simply gorgeous :notworthy:
Blade:
Astra SP #3
Soap: T&H 1805
Brush: Maseto 30mm 2 band
Post Shave: Aloe Vera 100%
Balm: BBA
Scent: Izzey Miyake
WP_20170620_013 (2).jpg

Love is in the air, every time I look around. :rolleyes:

This razor is off to new pastures on Monday.
It has been a pleasure to use and due to this pass around from next door, I am going to buy one from over the pond.
It is so far in the DE world the best razor I have come across. YMMV.
Smoothness personified. Outstanding performance that leaves no burns.

Take care all and happy shaving!
Wayne. :)

Back
Top Bottom