Vintage DE Blades - Showroom

Hi everbody,

I thought it could be a nice idea to start a showroom for vintage DE Blades. So if you are a collector or just have some nice looking blade boxes of the past, put your images here. It could be a libary for this old beauties. Please introduce just one box showing front and back and the blades with each image. If you want to show your whole collection in one image, do it, but I think it will loose quality. Also any information like manufacturing country, company or period / dates of production are welcome.

Name: ARTIFEX - Rasierklinge Meisterstück Hauchdünn
Company: Unknown
Period of production: Unknown

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I did only save the image without any additional information...

s-l1600w.jpg

Unfortunately I did only save the image without any additional information...

s-l1600w.jpg
If you don`t have any or can´t find any searching google...doesn`t matter. You and your post are really welcome. Thanks for the image and your support to this thread. ;):)

Name: Trump
Period of production: Unknown

Last edited:
Name: Butler Blade
Label:
Thickness:
Company: George Butler & Co. Ltd.
Period of production:
History: The ‘Butler' makers mark was originally granted to William Butler in 1768, and was taken on by his sons after his death in 1816. The company was then known as George & James Butler and could be found in the Trinity Works on Trinity Street.

george-butler-exterior.jpg

The image of James Butler as a regency gentleman in a top hat was used as a trademark in adverts from 1919 onwards. By 1850, however, the connection of the company to the Butler family ended, when the last of George Butler's sons died. The company retained the name but it was run by brothers William and Albert Andrew and their partner Henry Rowe, and by Robert Belfitt after 1870. In the 1864 the firm moved to a new premises on Eyre Street, which was renamed Trinity Works after the site they had moved from. The company finally liquidated in 1952 but the name was eventually bought by Arthur Price in 1993.

Butler Blade.JPG
Butler Blade 02.JPG

Back
Top Bottom