S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

SOTD%20April%2027%202017_zpst3cmlsi7.jpg

Timeless/UFO/Personna :: Everset R2 :: Saponificio Varesino Flying Mango :: Pitralon Classic

Tonight's shave was a bit of a mixture. . .

Pre shave. . Steaming hot bath, face cleaned with Nivea sensitive shower wash.
Proraso pre shave(free gift from Amazon)
Razor(s). . Edwin Jagger DE89 (AND) Merkur Futur. Both with Astra blades, 2nd use for each blade.
Brush. . . Mason Pearson pure badger
Cream. . . Truefitt & Hill No10
Post shave. . . Hot water, cold water, alum, cold water.
Nivea post shave soothing balm.
Old spice after shave lotion.

First pass done with the DE89.
I've only used this razor a few times and it seems to drag/tug on the whiskers.
It's not a nice feeling so I did the second pass with the Futur, on setting 1.
This pass was against the grain, and it was really comfortable and smooth.
No need for any touch ups.
First time using Proraso pre shave and I think it's helped to reduce razor burn on my neck a little.

Anyone else had the dragging issue with the DE89?

Schick M Model Protector injector
Schick "Chick" Chinese injector blade (#1)
L&L Grooming Trismegistus shave soap
Maggard 22mm black synthetic brush
Yardley Citrus & Wood EdT (using old Dean Martin trick of slightly diluting in hands with water & used as AS)

Incredible shave!! Quite possibly the best smelling shave soap ever as it smells exactly like the famed Terre d'Hermès. Touted by many as THE best shave soap extant today I will only state that it is indeed top shelf. ;)

https://www.landlgrooming.com/colle...egistus-tsm-group-buy-4oz?variant=22448988676

View attachment 24959 SOTD 28th April

Razor...Supply SE.. Polished, #3 plate.
Blade..Schick #4
Soap...Pre de Provance 63
Brush...SOC Badger
Post...Thayers lavender
EDP...Oud Isphahan

Quite a relaxed and predictable shave with this razor.....always very good. The soap reminds me of Tabac, only with a different scent....also very good. The Oud Isphahan has a warm spicy scent, ideal for quite a chilly morning.

I hope you all have a fab Friday......:)
Hi Paul, great pic!
Please remind me where you got the fench bits and bobs from again please?
Cheers,
J.

S.O.T.D - 28/4

Razor - Progress
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (2)
Soap - Haslinger Ewe's milk
Brush - Tortoiseshell Wee Scot
Post - Allum and Witch Hazel
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Weleda

Result - Great, really enjoyed that. Every component worked perfectly. Leisurely evening shave - I have to leave the house early tomorrow and I can't be bothered rushing a shave in the morning. No good will come of that - I'm not a morning person. The Austrian Haslinger soap is really good for me - tallow and containing sheep milk and lanolin. If that sounds good for you, try it - the pucks are small and therefore cheap, not much of a risk financially. They do some interesting ones I haven't tried such as honey, seaweed and sandalwood. The only slight complaint is the packaging - they come in small plastic containers and due to two factors - it takes longer than you think to load the brush and also it is ridiculously easy to lather so will start to spew out and over the sides of the bowl in no time. Messy. Not a hill of beans granted - I should just stick it to the bottom of a larger tub.

Travel kit -

Razor - Ikon 101 head on a Braveheart handle
Brush - Satin Tip the Purest

That's it - come Sunday morning after a leisurely start I will have the great pleasure of dropping into the male grooming department of El Corte Ingles in Valencia. I'll pick up everything else there. I'm right looking forward to that. Somebody mentioned the Lavanda cream and a/s the other night - I'm sure they stock that. Choices choices. Enjoy your shaves. Cheers - I

S.O.T.D - 28/4

Razor - Progress
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Weleda

Result - Great, really enjoyed that. Every component worked perfectly. Leisurely evening shave - I have to leave the house early tomorrow and I can't be bothered rushing a shave in the morning. No good will come of that - I'm not a morning person. The Austrian Haslinger soap is really good for me - tallow and containing sheep milk and lanolin. If that sounds good for you, try it - the pucks are small and therefore cheap, not much of a risk financially. They do some interesting ones I haven't tried such as honey, seaweed and sandalwood. The only slight complaint is the packaging - they come in small plastic containers and due to two factors - it takes longer than you think to load the brush and also it is ridiculously easy to lather so will start to spew out and over the sides of the bowl in no time. Messy. Not a hill of beans granted - I should just stick it to the bottom of a larger tub.

Travel kit -

That's it - come Sunday morning after a leisurely start I will have the great pleasure of dropping into the male grooming department of El Corte Ingles in Valencia. I'll pick up everything else there. I'm right looking forward to that. Somebody mentioned the Lavanda cream and a/s the other night - I'm sure they stock that. Choices choices. Enjoy your shaves. Cheers - I
Enjoy Valencia! Not been there for many years. El Corte Ingles is great place to shop for Shaving gear when in Spain, I was in Madrid not long ago and they had some good stuff and great prices. Needles to say I came home with more shaving gear than I went out there with.........

S.O.T.D - 28/4

Razor - Progress
A/S - Fine Platinum
Balm - Weleda

Travel kit -

Safe journey mate and enjoy.

SOTN head 28-04-17
Old spice, two bands badger in olive tree centenary Proyet, Koraat 8/8 R & P, Myrsol antesol. I was able to shave again with a straigth razor and not too late or lazy to release the Koraat, besides being beautiful, with a good weight and sharp edge, took the hair for 3 days without any consideration. Excellent shave.
4ff5f3f066ed1010e725249e6678ccb4.jpg

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

SOTD 20170429

xUm6gGG.jpg

Brush: J&T® Bahia tulipwood / silvertip.
Shaving soap: Tadé “Savon du Barbier”.
Razor: 7 O'Clock NEW / custom SS handle.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless (red wrapper) (3).
After shave: Arko Men Cool after shave cream.

An experiment: shaving soap made of olive oil and laurel berry oil ("Aleppo soap").
Can be used as shaving soap, but don't expect a lather like:

IbhElYF.jpg

This,
Or:

2CjvZcs.jpg

This.

Nevertheless enough glide for the NEW ...

Result: smooth !

Have a nice day, gentlemen ... :)

Back
Top Bottom