Hunt Bros Grinder

I considered the Rhino but it was over budget for what is, essentially, a see if I'll use it purchase. I like the idea of the Aeropress adaptor they sell as well. If I use them both enough I'll think about upgrading.

Been using a rhino hand grinder for 2 years now, daily, at the taste is much better. I got a little sad and started to weight the beans first!!! Apparently you can weight the water in the French press or aero press for improved consistancy! You might start to notice when the beans get older. Defo better fresh. home roasting is the next flavour step apparently. Cheers
Slippery slope. The next thing you know you will be buying a plantation in the Waghi Valley in Papua New Guinea. Not a bad idea actually.

Ah, who the hell am I kidding? I had to order a replacement Casio F91W for my daughter this evening and couldn't resist adding that Hunt Bros grinder to the basket. I hold you entirely responsible, Count...

Well, I've had mine for a few days and would say that the Count's review is spot on. It's well-made and finished and the cloth bag it comes in is a nice touch. Thing is, I'm not sure that freshly grinding the beans makes a jot of difference to the taste of the coffee. I'm no hipster and add milk and sweeteners to make mugs of bog standard joe for office consumption, so maybe my tastes are not sophisticated enough to detect the difference.

I also feel a bit of a tit standing in the office kitchen turning the handle on the thing for five minutes before each mug of coffee but, obviously, that's not the fault of the grinder. Time will tell whether it's worth the extra hassle over using pre-ground coffee.

Back
Top Bottom