gillette wilkinson sword

i finally have a pack of them, mainly because they are claimed to be made in india by Gillette and to be the same quality as the discontinued English Wilkinson swords, that are pretty nice over all.

However actually getting the pack in hand, I see "made by Gillette shanhai limited, peoples republic of china. but imported to India for final packing and distribution.

the price on the back says "Rps 13.00 including tax" but the 7 o'clock black blades, "black ninjas" according to some vendors, in the 5+2 pack, are truly made in india, and have a price of "Rps 50.00 including tax"

still cheaper to get something from china then to build locally in india.

i finally have a pack of them, mainly because they are claimed to be made in india by Gillette and to be the same quality as the discontinued English Wilkinson swords,...

I have never read anyone claiming what you have just written. AUTHENTIC blades made in China by Gillette are fabulous.The problem is that the Internet is rife with counterfeit ones.

well folklore says that the "Gillette wilkinsons" are made in India, however the actual package I have says, made in china by Gillette shanghai ltd. and sent to india for packing..

maggards website states made in india

http://www.gillette.co.in/en-in/pro...placement-razor-blades/wilkinson-sword-blades product on blade in photo is spelled prodduct..

http://shavelikegrandad.blogspot.com/2014/12/weekly-shave-review-gillette-wilkinson.html

I can read maps, and well shanghai is no where nears india, hence the disappointment that they aren't made in india. But at least the black 7 oclocks are from india

well folklore says that the "Gillette wilkinsons" are made in India, however the actual package I have says, made in china by Gillette shanghai ltd. and sent to india for packing...

I can read maps, and well shanghai is no where nears india, hence the disappointment that they aren't made in india. But at least the black 7 oclocks are from india

They were originally made in India & still are. I have used them. Recently, Gillette started making them in China as well. However, you have conveniently ignored my aforementioned question even though I highlighted it in red for reading comprehension. Go back & reread it and then reply.

some have hypothesized on badger and blade, and shave my face that when they started making blades labeled Gillette Wilkinson in india, that the blades were as good as the English made Wilkinson sword blades that were discontinued in 2000.

Though a large percentage of shavers have hinted that the Gillette wilkinsons of "india" are better then the German made Wilkinson sword blades.

however what is your definition of "recently". my Wilkinson Gillette blades are labeled made in china, shipped to india. and have a Packed Date of 03/14. That's a tad more further in history then "recently started making Gillette Wilkinson blades in china" implies.

i bought my pack at maggards razors this week, I made the order last sunday, it got shipped on the 17th and I received it the other day.

The suggested price after taxes is 50.00 a mere 2.5 times as much as the ones labeled as being made in india in the above photo.

I received two tucks of the Chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades recently & have used one once in a pre-war Canadian Tech razor. The first shave was very good. IMO, better than the Indian version.

I shaved with one blade three times and called it quits. Three different razors & three different soaps/creams. Verdict: a purely utilitarian blade that while sharp imparts no particular great smoothness.

IMG_1202 - Copy.JPG
Just ordered another 200 of these. The seller assures me that they were made at the same factory. We'll see when they get here.
Well, they got here about a week ago. As you can see, they came from a different factory (maybe relocated?) in India and are priced at a few more rupees. Note prominent P&G logo. These blades are as good as, if not better than the older ones.

Back
Top Bottom